(Click each photo to display an enlarged version)
1915 – Laboratory established in Ashide-machi, Shiba-ku, Tokyo
A wooden laboratory.
Dr. Heizaburo Kondo is shown on the far left.
Origin of the laboratory name
1915 is the year of Itsuu (In Japanese)
1917 - Changed location to Aoyama Minami-machi of Akasaka-ku
Itsuu Laboratory Library in Aoyama Minami-machi.
Dr. Kondo is in the middle.
1934 - Inauguration of the modern-build laboratory in Kinnocho of Shibuya-ku
The modern-build laboratory
Written by the 2nd generation president of Shionogi & Co.
1966 - Completion of the laboratory site in Tamagawa of Setagaya-ku
September 2015 – Relocation to Mizonokuchi with “The Nameplate” which has more than 80 years of history
A logo mark of the Itsuu Laboratory was designed at the time of relocation to a new laboratory, using the mauve color: color of Fuji as the representative color of the organization, and making the “乙” character to look like an Erlenmeyer flask.